Underlined terms take you to other definitions in the dictionary. References are provided at the end of each definition where relevant.
Abbreviations and Acronyms
Complete List of Defined Terms
Complete Dictionary References
This dictionary defines terms as they are commonly used in forecasting. The aims, not always met, are to:
- provide an accurate and understandable definition of each term,
- describe the history of the term,
- demonstrate how the term is used in forecasting,
- point out how the term is sometimes misused, and
- provide research findings on the value of the term in forecasting.
Note: If you are viewing a translation of this page, you must enter the search term in English.
Â© J. Scott Armstrong, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Programmed by Simon Galperin and Jason Cotton with support from the International Institute of Forecasters.